SighTs aNd souNds

SighTs aNd souNds
When music works in-sync with art,it gives rise to an ultimate dual performance that the stage itself has never ever seen even on the big screen:"DoubLe TeaM"

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe
I am a sucker for the rock genre of music.I acquired a taste for it 9years ago,and since then i couldnt escape Electric city (life inside an electric guitar).Punk is my choice,but am down with alternative,gothic,hard and soft aspects too.As long as it is rock,it'll work.

Mad abouT MAD

Mad abouT MAD
MAD magazines have been my inspirational favorite since the beginning of time.I am a huge,avid hoarder who owns a library of this jocular magazine.Its a highly recommended collector's item and treasure trove.And its fully worth it,so dont live your life without it ;)

RocKaMaNia

RocKaMaNia
My arsenal of rock cds is still growing by the day and i dont see them stopping until they tile my entire floor,paper my four walls,make my bed sheets and curtains,then finally board the ceiling :)

Wednesday 27 October 2010

aN exTRa caNdLe oN heR caKe

Yesterday was mum's big day.I cant believe it almost flew by without me even noticing.Truth is,i've only been able to commit a few birthdays to memory so i often forget a lot of birthdays and end up sending belated wishes wrapped with apologies.Thanks to Facebook,my saving grace once in a while,where i get reminders.But my mum's not on any social network so i guess i just have to set a reminder on my phone against next year.
The day started like any other.I woke up early,went out for a jog,came back and showered then went into the main house for breakfast.There in the kitchen i found mummy preparing breakfast and exchanged the usual morning greetings with nothing special to complement my statement.Am very sure she thought i'd forgotten her birthday and she guessed right.Suddenly my little sister rushed downstairs half-dressed holding a mobile phone saying "mum,its dad.i think he wants to wish you a happy birthday" it was then that it dawned on me "26/10" mum's birthday!How could i have forgotten such a significant date?Just then an idea hit me to try and make it up in the evening with a pleasant surprise just for her.So i had breakfast while she was still on the phone and headed straight to the office.
When i closed from work,my plan was to get mum a fresh yummy chocolate fudge from DaLeMa,but i remembered how much she complained about its sugary taste.So i stopped at another store and got her a nice cream cake with jam and a cherry on top.I knew her all-time favorite drink was fresh milk so i got a large quart for her.Then i added a bar of her best chocolate "Bounty" with my change.My final stop was a shop where the best cards in town were sold.I walked in and my little sister helped me find a sweet one for mummy.We ended up buying two cards,one from my sister and the other from me.On our way home,i composed a touching text message and sent it to her phone.Luckily for me,she received it the moment we got home.I went upstairs,opened the door which was ajar and sat down in front of her saying "HapPY biRThdaY mum"! "this is for you" i smiled as i handed her the stuff.She paused,smiled back and opened her arms as wide as she could pulling me into a great big warm hug saying "thank you so much ROoFie,may Allah continue to bless you forever" i couldnt contain the happiness,so i blushed and found my way out of the room.I knew i'd made her day a special one.Thanks to dad's wake up call ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment