SighTs aNd souNds

SighTs aNd souNds
When music works in-sync with art,it gives rise to an ultimate dual performance that the stage itself has never ever seen even on the big screen:"DoubLe TeaM"

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe
I am a sucker for the rock genre of music.I acquired a taste for it 9years ago,and since then i couldnt escape Electric city (life inside an electric guitar).Punk is my choice,but am down with alternative,gothic,hard and soft aspects too.As long as it is rock,it'll work.

Mad abouT MAD

Mad abouT MAD
MAD magazines have been my inspirational favorite since the beginning of time.I am a huge,avid hoarder who owns a library of this jocular magazine.Its a highly recommended collector's item and treasure trove.And its fully worth it,so dont live your life without it ;)

RocKaMaNia

RocKaMaNia
My arsenal of rock cds is still growing by the day and i dont see them stopping until they tile my entire floor,paper my four walls,make my bed sheets and curtains,then finally board the ceiling :)

Saturday 6 August 2011

TeN YeaRs DowN (CLaSs oF 2011)





Ten years ago,i walked this same road,wore this same gown and mortarboard,glanced at this same environment and claimed the same role.Yes,ten years ago,i graduated from this school and am proud to say it once again.Today,my brother is in the same shoes:he’s nervous and excited all at once.The day’s finally here,the time to wave goodbye to secondary school and move into the real world.It was early and i’d woken up to check on mum,then catch some quick breakfast.My brother was already awake which was quite unusual.He was all dressed up and ready for his big day.The driver hadn’t arrived at 8:30 and all students were expected to be in school before nine for a final rehearsal of some sort.I grabbed my camera to be the first person catching him live on this day before driving him down to school.I got home,took my bath and spruced up for the ceremony.My older brother was going with his wife too,so my sisters and i tagged along.Mum left a bit earlier as she was meant to make a speech but we weren’t sure what part of the programme it would fall into.Lucky for us,she was on the minute we got there and so we caught the final paragraph of her response on the tribute to parents.We saw a couple of old friends,caught up,and shared jokes.The place was crowded as always just like a high school reunion so we had no option but to sit under the hot sun and watch the minutes move cos all the good seats had already been taken.Soon certificates were awarded to the students and it was time for the closing salutation.Next,we managed to grab some side shots of him with his classmates and others.That was it,the end of their graduation ceremony,the exit from high school.I vividly remember mine,nostalgia struct me for a minute before i snapped back to reality.When i looked around,i couldn’t find either of the people I’d come with.I rushed outside to the parking lot and there they were waiting for me for the past half hour.Congratulations class of 2011 at Essence International School and welcome to the alumni association.

No comments:

Post a Comment