SighTs aNd souNds

SighTs aNd souNds
When music works in-sync with art,it gives rise to an ultimate dual performance that the stage itself has never ever seen even on the big screen:"DoubLe TeaM"

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe
I am a sucker for the rock genre of music.I acquired a taste for it 9years ago,and since then i couldnt escape Electric city (life inside an electric guitar).Punk is my choice,but am down with alternative,gothic,hard and soft aspects too.As long as it is rock,it'll work.

Mad abouT MAD

Mad abouT MAD
MAD magazines have been my inspirational favorite since the beginning of time.I am a huge,avid hoarder who owns a library of this jocular magazine.Its a highly recommended collector's item and treasure trove.And its fully worth it,so dont live your life without it ;)

RocKaMaNia

RocKaMaNia
My arsenal of rock cds is still growing by the day and i dont see them stopping until they tile my entire floor,paper my four walls,make my bed sheets and curtains,then finally board the ceiling :)

Wednesday 27 April 2011

ALoNg caMe a PLaYboY BuNNY (RETRO)


I used to have an awesome black t-shirt with a tiny playboy bunny emblazoned on the front.It was always my pick when it came to choosing a shirt to sleep in,even though i’ve got a couple of others.There was just something special about this tee that i particularly liked.Perhaps it was the way it made me feel when i put it on.Even when it was time to give out laundry on weekends,i washed it myself,dried it and pressed it afterwards.But one fine day i accidentally included it when i was giving out my laundry and the wrong detergent was used to wash it.When i got my clothes back,i couldn’t believe my eyes;the tee had almost faded from black to gray,it became sloppy,out of shape and some of the threads around the shoulder had already started appearing.Not to mention the cracked bunny logo.It was almost as if my shirt was replaced with some second rate tee from the flea market.I was upset but didn’t worry much as i only wore it before sleeping and not for outings or occasions.I later folded the tee and placed it in a special compartment inside my wardrobe because i didn’t want to give it out.So if i couldn’t have it then nobody could.I wondered where the hell i was going to find another one,but my ideas weren’t even kicking in.A few months after this,my brother was coming home for the holidays from Russia.On a brief stop to grab a simple shirt,he came across two playboy tees:one was white and the other was black.They were of the same size and they both had a large shiny logo in front of them.He purchased both and brought them over when he was coming.The scariest thing’s that he picked the white one and gave me the black one.When he handed it to me,i paused for a second before thanking him.It was almost as if he knew that i was looking all over for a tee just like it.I smiled and felt that playboy tees loved me so much and always found a way to reach me no matter the distance.

1 comment: