SighTs aNd souNds

SighTs aNd souNds
When music works in-sync with art,it gives rise to an ultimate dual performance that the stage itself has never ever seen even on the big screen:"DoubLe TeaM"

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe
I am a sucker for the rock genre of music.I acquired a taste for it 9years ago,and since then i couldnt escape Electric city (life inside an electric guitar).Punk is my choice,but am down with alternative,gothic,hard and soft aspects too.As long as it is rock,it'll work.

Mad abouT MAD

Mad abouT MAD
MAD magazines have been my inspirational favorite since the beginning of time.I am a huge,avid hoarder who owns a library of this jocular magazine.Its a highly recommended collector's item and treasure trove.And its fully worth it,so dont live your life without it ;)

RocKaMaNia

RocKaMaNia
My arsenal of rock cds is still growing by the day and i dont see them stopping until they tile my entire floor,paper my four walls,make my bed sheets and curtains,then finally board the ceiling :)

Wednesday 27 April 2011

POoRLiTics


I was never a fan of politics ever in my life,not even when i was dating a governor’s daughter.And for this reason the news and the papers didn’t really tickle my fancy at all.I was only able to recognize the president,his vice ,then perhaps my state governor and that was it.So anything regarding what was happening in the country remained oblivious to me,unless of course i heard it from a friend.But the situation in this country has reached a stage we could no longer ignore as citizens especially people like me;the youths.A certain intellectual age group of people the country looks up to as potential leaders of tomorrow.I started a little foray into politics early this year by catching up on the news,reading headlines on newspapers and discussing country issues as topics for debate with the folks around me.It didn’t seem boring one bit,so i went on with the new interest and surrounded myself with things that’d keep me current all the time.The first issue i found quite catchy was the presidential elections of 2011.It was a tough battle between the “Fantastic Four” who inspired my song title “a lawyer,a leader,a dreamer,a believer.who will be the winner?” This was a projection of the candidates who were contesting for presidency in my country,where each term described one of them depending on any random observer’s point of view.It was initially “a liar,a leader,a lawyer,a loser” considering the lyrics have a punk rock nature,however i changed it to the former attaching some respect to each one of the candidates.The album’s entitled “POoRLiTics” just like this blog post.A clear sign that i’d fallen deep into the subject and have already started engaging myself.My candidate is General Muhammadu Buhari of the CPC who’s running this race for the third time.I have my reasons for choosing him as a candidate,but i’ll reserve them as its almost pointless stating facts when the minions behind his downfall are always up to no good remaining one step ahead.He is a loyal leader to say the least,an excellent extinguisher of corruption and an impeccable installer of security.I wont sentimentalize as we all have our flipsides and yes this man just like every one of us,did a couple of things in the past he wished he hadn’t done.But that should’nt be a naive reason for declining his offer especially after he’s given us his word that he’d bring about a positive change in this country and take us to that promised land we still haven’t reached.We are almost within striking distance,but 12years of an incompetent ruling party could’nt take us there.It almost seems like a mirage from where am standing,and its so hard to keep believing.But i have a dream and i know my faith is real.There’s still hope for our beloved country if we’d stand up,frown upon the manipulative methods it’s being run by and implement the ultimate master plan our forefathers had designed many years ago.If we persevere,we wont fight fair and surely we’ll make it there…….God bless the “green,white,green” ensign representing the federal republic of Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment