SighTs aNd souNds

SighTs aNd souNds
When music works in-sync with art,it gives rise to an ultimate dual performance that the stage itself has never ever seen even on the big screen:"DoubLe TeaM"

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe
I am a sucker for the rock genre of music.I acquired a taste for it 9years ago,and since then i couldnt escape Electric city (life inside an electric guitar).Punk is my choice,but am down with alternative,gothic,hard and soft aspects too.As long as it is rock,it'll work.

Mad abouT MAD

Mad abouT MAD
MAD magazines have been my inspirational favorite since the beginning of time.I am a huge,avid hoarder who owns a library of this jocular magazine.Its a highly recommended collector's item and treasure trove.And its fully worth it,so dont live your life without it ;)

RocKaMaNia

RocKaMaNia
My arsenal of rock cds is still growing by the day and i dont see them stopping until they tile my entire floor,paper my four walls,make my bed sheets and curtains,then finally board the ceiling :)

Sunday 24 April 2011

THe baNds tHaT pLaYed ouR favoRiTe souNdTRacKs



My brothers’ visit for the holidays was surely a memorable one and during the time of their stay,i’d downloaded a couple of songs which i enjoyed playing.Now,everytime i play these songs they remind me of the moments we spent together,either driving around town or just sitting down in the living room with the music playing.The bands mainly comprise of Good Charlotte and Fall Out Boy,the latter being my favorite band of all time.The main anthem was Good Charlotte’s “1979” a track from the punk rockers’ latest album entitled “Cardiology” which speaks about a family that had its golden memories in that year and at the same time faced a series of unfortunate events.But despite the highs and lows,they eventually pulled through.At the same time,it relates to my parents’ anniversary year and some of the lyrics spoke to me like an inner voice i could actually hear.It has a very catchy tune and anyone who listens to it once could actually sing along whenever it’s playing a second time.Sometimes Sufy would request for it like some radio show and have me play it a couple of times while he relaxes on the sofa.The other song which happened to rekindle his love for a certain episode of the TV series “One Tree Hill’ was Fall Out Boy’s “Summer Song” It was on my playlist and he recalled the scene from the episode which brought back the days he had time to sit and watch TV.Their stay was a brief one,so Halil incisted that i make a cool playlist with his favorite type of bands to remind him of me when he returns to Russia in a couple of days.Before he left for school,Sufy introduced me to a band named “Parachute” I saved the album in a folder but didn’t bother listening to a single track until I thought of him a couple of weeks later.That’s when i grabbed my headphones one silent night and pressed play.The band was really awesome,a blend of ‘Goo Goo Dolls’ and ‘Jimmy Eat World’ I liked them a lot.And each time I played their songs,reflections of imaginary scenes would appear in my head wishing the boys were still here.Finally the group Motion City Soundtrack’s “Everything is Alright” became a random song i kind of decided to play as the departure scene melody at the airport on that morning my brothers left.The words from the chorus aptly describe what i want to know right now and as at the time: “I know that you’re alright,so tell me everything’s alright…tell me everything’s fine…” dear brothers,i hope you play this very song and ask the same question cos i know that i do….and really miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment