SighTs aNd souNds

SighTs aNd souNds
When music works in-sync with art,it gives rise to an ultimate dual performance that the stage itself has never ever seen even on the big screen:"DoubLe TeaM"

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe

SeTTiNg tHe suPeR sceNe
I am a sucker for the rock genre of music.I acquired a taste for it 9years ago,and since then i couldnt escape Electric city (life inside an electric guitar).Punk is my choice,but am down with alternative,gothic,hard and soft aspects too.As long as it is rock,it'll work.

Mad abouT MAD

Mad abouT MAD
MAD magazines have been my inspirational favorite since the beginning of time.I am a huge,avid hoarder who owns a library of this jocular magazine.Its a highly recommended collector's item and treasure trove.And its fully worth it,so dont live your life without it ;)

RocKaMaNia

RocKaMaNia
My arsenal of rock cds is still growing by the day and i dont see them stopping until they tile my entire floor,paper my four walls,make my bed sheets and curtains,then finally board the ceiling :)

Sunday 30 May 2010

Road TuNes

After lunch at my uncle's,we hit the road to Kaduna.Usually dad asks me what i'd like to listen to before the journey begins."what's a road trip without road tunes?"as Peyton Sawyer of the TV series "One Tree Hill" once said.The last time,i didnt have any cds onboard,so i had to settle with old school music and early rock.But this time,i was fully equipped.I'd specifically selected two alternative rock albums from my stash at home:Snow Patrol's "A hundred million suns" and Keane's "Under the iron sea" two albums i knew daddy would enjoy and relate to quite well cos if i'd chosen punk,he wouldnt have minded smashing the radio and throwing the cds right out the window.I opened my tiny bag and handed him the cds.He loaded both of them and off we went.Dad was totally hymning to some of the catchy choruses and even asked me "does this really fall under the rock genre?" i answered "yes,alternative rock to be precise" Both bands were from the Europe and they had quite a few singing styles that appeared to be common.I still havent gotten my cds back from dad yet,i just pray he remembers to return them,otherwise there's gonna be a remake of this cartoon series i used to enjoy as a kid entitled "My dad the rockstar" :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment